Parenting requires patience, care and discipline.
- The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them. Frank A. Clark
- All children behave as well as they are treated. Jan Hunt
- Stop trying to perfect your child, but keep trying to perfect your relationship with him. Dr. Henker
- Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation. C. Everett Koop
- Praise your children openly, reprehend them secretly. W. Cecil
- Parents need to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can’t poke enough holes to drain it dry. Alvin Price
- Discipline doesn’t break a child’s spirit half as often as the lack of it breaks a parents heart. Anonymous
- Discipline your son in his early years while there is still hope. If you don’t you will ruin his life. Anonymous
- It is better to bind your children to you by a feeling of respect and by gentleness, than by fear. Terence
- To understand your parents’ love you must raise children yourself.Chinese Proverb
- The best way to make children good is to make them happy. Oscar Wilde
- Whoever said it first spoke with insight and wisdom: you don’t own children, you only borrow them. Anne Linn
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today. Anonymous
- First you have to teach a child to talk, then you have to teach it to be quiet. Prochnow
- Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.David Bly
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother, and the most important thing a mother can do for her children is to love their father. Anonymous
- A truly appreciative child will break, lose, spoil, or fondle to death any really successful gift within a matter of minutes. Russell Lynes
- There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t be childish sometimes. Dr. Who
- If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma.Theresa Bloomingdale
- I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it. Harry S. Truman
- A mother understands what a child does not say. Jewish Proverb
- The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable. Lane Olinhouse
- A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be.Lion
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. Lin Yutang
- Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. Harold Hulbert
- A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. Anonymous
Children Learn What They Live – Dorothy Law Neite
If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child learns to feel shame, he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement he learns confidence
If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.
He a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world